Forensing Accounting specialists
Tax Investigation Services
At Churchill Tax we provide specialist Tax Investigations advice.
We appreciate that every tax investigation is different and we tailor our approach based on the individual circumstances surrounding each investigation in order to provide the best possible service for our clients.
We deal with all types of enquiries, no matter how large or small. In particular, we have gained extensive experience in the following areas:
Tax Fraud & Tax Evasion
Serious tax fraud investigation (Code of Practice 9 – CDF)
Tax avoidance investigation (Code of Practice 8)
Voluntary Tax Disclosure
HMRC Compliance Check
Personal Tax Investigation
Company Tax Investigation
Specialist Investigations & Local Compliance
Criminal Tax Investigation
Residence & Domicile Enquiry
First & Second TierTax Tribunal
Personal Service Companies / IR35
Tax litigation advice
Working with Accountants, Lawyers & other professional intermediaries
Churchill Tax – Services
Different Types Of Investigation
HMRC carry out a range of different types of tax investigations. All of these investigations are officially called “enquiries” but they range from simple requests for clarification to criminal prosecutions.
The investigation can look at the tax affairs of different types of taxpayers – for example companies, individuals, businesses or trusts.
The whole range of taxes can be reviewed – for example income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, corporation tax or VAT.
HMRC can also look into a business’s role as an employer by examining how it operates PAYE on the pay and benefits it gives to its employees (including a company’s directors).
Forensic Accounting specialists
We adopt a strategic and cost-effective approach to forensic assignments, working with our clients in order to establish as efficiently as possible the relevant facts, analysing & supporting financial information and advising on the likely economic implications. Where required, we provide independent expert testimony.
We have experience of most types of dispute process encompassing litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, and expert determination. Our specialist team have undertaken fraud and financial investigations involving a variety of industry sectors UK wide.
Our principal service areas include:
- Expert Witness reports
- Matrimonial dispute Services
- Business Valuations
- Financial & Fraud Investigations
- Forensic relating to Insolvency
- Criminal Confiscation
- Criminal and Regulatory work
This is how we work:
- Preliminary assessment: we shall work with you to explore the financial and accounting merits of the case, together with the size of the dispute. We would provideconstructive accounting expertise at the start of the claim in the context of strategic planning.
- Litigation support services: where required, we would support the discovery process, preparing witness statements, which involve technical accounting and financial issues, and producing visual aids for trial purposes. We provide commercial input to maximise the benefits of any early settlement negotiations.
- Expert witness: our experts are engaged on a day-to-day basis in providing written and oral expert witness services in a variety of legal arenas. We analyse accounting records and other financial evidence, leading to high quality expert reports and commentary on the evidence produced by opposing experts.
Court hearing experience: our experts are experienced in providing oral testimony in both civil and criminal matters, in the UK and overseas.
Please contact us and we will arrange a call with our expert to with one of our specialists.